The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers – like yourselves – find new blogs to follow! The lovely Arzo of Arzo Travels has nominated me for the award, asking 11 questions for me to answer in order for you to get to know me a little better.
Now that I have been awarded the Liebster Award, it’s my turn to nominate some bloggers! You’ll find the nominee’s and questions at the bottom of this post.
- What makes you happy?
To me, happiness is acceptance, enjoying the moment and being surrounded by people who love and encourage you. I am lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family (all over the world) who have my best interests at heart.
- Do you have any role models?
Hmm, I do have several role models, who I look up to in different aspects of my life. Firstly, my parents. I look up to my Dad for his resilience and his general life motto of ‘shit happens’. I look up to my Mum for her guidance, love and her ability to rarely get mad. I have a family friend who since a young age has inspired me to never stop travelling. Depending on what aspect guidance is needed, I have someone strong and loving for me to look to for support.
- What do you love most about blogging?
I love that I can share any fleeting thought I have with such a wide audience! We live in this crazy world where communication is so easy and I love it! I love getting to know my readers and hearing their thoughts and sharing experiences.
- What do you like the least about blogging?
Sometimes I put a lot of pressure on myself, and I’m a bit of a perfectionist, which doesn’t help when I become lost in moments of self-doubt. I over-speculate what I write and can get very critical if an article isn’t getting as much traffic as I’d like straight away. It’s kinda silly.
- How much does your blog benefit from Social Media?
At the moment, the only social media site I am actively using in conjunction with my blog is Facebook, and already it has helped immensely! It has reeled in a whole new readership and has allowed me the ability to get in touch with so many new people! My goal is to reach 500 Likes on my Facebook page (I’m like 20 off, so spread the word! Haha) and then I’ll begin to tackle my Instagram account.
- What is the most important piece of advice you think we should do as bloggers to keep our followers happy or to gain more followers?
Good question! I think first and foremost, be 100% open. Open to new people and new avenues and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there!
- What is on the top of your bucket list?
This is a tough question! Can I have multiples?! I have a very long bucket list, but these equally share the number one top spot:
– That Central American trip I’ve had planned FOREVER!
– Travel through South America like a fine-toothed comb!
– Egypt & Jordan
- What was the nicest thing that somebody has ever done for you?
These questions are getting tougher and tougher! I can’t actually pinpoint an example off of the top of my head; rather my mind is being in-fluxed with all the nice things people have done for me! I love it when people complement me, especially at times when it’s so unexpected! Like, sometimes at work I’ll be having a crap day and a customer will complement my eyeliner or hair (superficial and silly I know) and it’ll boost my mood immensely. Then there’s also really sweet gestures, picking a flower, going to my favorite beach. It’s the little things 🙂
- What is the nicest thing you have ever done for somebody?
I’m a big believer in always being friendly and giving. I always try to complement people, and donate my time or if I have a little spare money to different causes.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I get asked this question a lot and it always stumps me. I hate planning my future. I much prefer to live in the now and go with the flow. But, I guess if I had to pick anything, I’d hope that in 10 years time I’m happy and doing what I do best – travelling!
- What is your favourite quote and why?
I suck at picking favourites. They change all the time. I’ve never had a single favourite color for this reason too. My favourite quote at the moment is a quote by Cheryl Strayd:
‘The useless days will add up to something. The shitty waitressing jobs. The hours writing in your journal. The long, meandering walks. The days reading poetry and story collections and novels and dead people’s diaries and wondering about sex and God and whether you should shave under your arms or not. These things are your becoming’.
Again, Thankyou Arzo for nominating me. Now it’s my turn to nominate some bloggers and ask 11 questions.
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Mel – Illumelation
Molly – Molly on the road
Alicia – Blissfultravelher
Dani – Not Lost Just Discovering
Tanvi – That Girls Life Stories
I hope you all enjoy these blogs as much as I did!
Some rules to follow:
– Accept the nomination and answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
– Think of 11 new questions yourself
– Tag your favourite bloggers who have to answer these questions.
– They write and article on their blog about this nomination and link back to the website of their nominator.
– Please remember when you share the link of your article on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to tag your nominator again as well so she can read your Liebster Award blog.
Do you accept your nomination?
Here are your questions:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Why do you continue your blog?
- What is your favourite book?
- You’re stuck on a deserted island. What 3 things do you have with you?
- What is your favourite app?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- When not blogging, what do you do for fun?
- What is your least favourite food?
- What is a name you hate based on a bad school experience with someone?
- What is your go-to meal that you kick ass at cooking?
- What is the next big thing for you?
Looking forward to reading your answers!
Thanks for accepting the nomination. Interesting answers and questions 🙂
Thanks for the nomination, Kachina! I love your answer to what you dislike about blogging–I’m a perfectionist too, and often fall prey to my own reservations rather than just clicking “Publish.”
Wow! Thanks a lot for the nomination! Much love! 🙂 P.S: Love your answers!